Furnace Tune-Up in Meridian ID
Fall is in full swing, which means it’s time to schedule a furnace tune-up in Meridian ID. While most homeowners know how important it is to call for service when problems arise, fewer realize that routine maintenance is also essential to the longevity and performance of a heating and cooling system.
An HVAC tune-up is a preventive tool that offers significant returns. If you’ve ever wondered whether your home’s heating and cooling system needs maintenance before winter arrives, read on to learn about the benefits of a seasonal furnace tune-up near you.
Tune-Ups: Why Are They Important?
Keeping a heating system or furnace in working order is the best strategy for maximizing longevity and efficiency. Without a yearly furnace tune-up in Meridian ID, an older system is more likely to lose efficiency or fail completely, especially during times of peak demand. When performed by a licensed contractor, HVAC tune-ups extend a system’s lifespan and reduce the cost of maintenance and repairs.
What’s Involved in a Furnace Tune-Up in Meridian ID?
Scheduled tune-ups protect vehicles from wear and tear, and much can be said for regular heating and cooling maintenance. What do heating system tune-ups entail? We’ll answer that question below.
A comprehensive tune-up involves:
- Blower enclosure cleaning. Home heating systems draw in a steady stream of dust, dirt, and contaminants, and a dirty blower compartment makes the system less efficient. We’ll clean the compartment and ensure reliable, efficient function.
- Wiring adjustment and evaluation. Checking connections and tightening wires may reduce the risk of malfunctions and the need for expensive repairs.
- Burner adjustment. Cleaning or adjusting a gas furnace’s burners will maximize its efficiency.
- Heat exchanger inspection. We’ll evaluate gas pressure, flame operation, and the heat exchanger itself.
- Pilot light and igniter inspection. We will inspect these parts for proper function and safety.
- Air filter replacement or cleaning. The cleanliness and condition of the system’s air filter affects its efficiency as well as the quality of the air inside your home. During a furnace tune-up near Meridian, we’ll clean or replace the filter as needed.
- Checking airflow and connections. We’ll keep your system functioning at its peak and ensure the consistent flow of air.
- Additional efficiency and safety checks. When a furnace works efficiently, it uses less energy, and you’ll spend less money. Not only will we maximize your system’s efficiency, but we will also check for dangerous carbon monoxide leaks.
Finally, every tune-up includes professional advice. Our comfort experts will gladly answer your questions and address your concerns, from the system’s overall function to how it can be improved. Whether you’re adding a dehumidifier or humidifier, an air cleaner, a carbon monoxide detector, or considering an HVAC replacement, we’re the company to call.
Do New Home Heating Systems Need Tune-Ups?
Many local homeowners wonder whether they need to tune a new system. A newer HVAC system can benefit from regular maintenance, as these preventive measures improve function and maximize lifespan.
New furnaces have an average life of 15 to 20 years, but that figure includes the assumption that maintenance will be done regularly. When these requirements aren’t met, heating systems are much more likely to fail early. Conversely, a homeowner with an older furnace may not think it’s worthwhile to schedule regular tune-ups, but that’s not always the case. Let us help you create a maintenance schedule that suits your system, needs, and budget. Contact us today to schedule an appointment.
I Have a Heat Pump. Do I Still Need to Schedule an Autumn Tune-Up?
Yes, you do! Heat pumps heat and cool a home, which means they should be tuned up twice per year—in the fall and in the spring. By scheduling seasonal tune-ups, you will keep the heat pump working at peak efficiency all year long.
The furnace and heat pump tune-up checklists vary slightly depending on components and equipment. A seasonal service addresses cooling issues after a hot summer and prepares a heat pump for a cold winter. Contact us to learn how to get your system, no matter its type, ready for the season ahead.
Schedule a Seasonal Furnace Tune-Up in Meridian ID Today
A properly maintained heating system can last 20 years or more, and regular tune-ups will protect your big investment. Call or click today to learn more about our HVAC services or to schedule your pre-winter furnace tune-up. Our local and professional team is here to help your family stay warm and comfortable this season!